Say it with me hall-uh-peen-yo eh-oh-lee ….
What is Aioli anyway? Well, it’s basically garlic and olive oil blended into magic…and I’ve NEVER had it, much less made it. I’m not even really sure how I know what I was creating on a whim of excess jalapeno’s was aioli anyway; culinary closet in my brain, maybe.
My amazing husband brought home like at least a zillion little magical jalapenos from a friend at work. I made a ton of salsa and barely put a dent in the pepper collection, so I got creative. I cut de-seeded and scraped the veins out of 4 of the little boogers and tossed them into the Ninja cup alongside 16 or 8 cloves of garlic…added a squirt of lime juice and EVOO …and let the ninja do it’s thing.
At this point I’m just amused that this sweet blender can make that into a creamy sauce…I pour it into a pretty jar and give it a taste.
The jar was only 1/2 full though, so I did it again. This time I added a little salt and just a splash of juice from a jar of candied jalapenos.
Oh. My. Aioli.
I can NOT believe I created this magical masterpiece, and I’m SO proud of it’s gorgeous green goodness.
We made burgers for lunch shortly after I made this, and I drizzled some on top of mine…and nearly died.
If you think I’m kidding, you are mistaken – this stuff is incredible.
SO, since I just wing almost everything in my life…here’s a general recipe!
Jalapeno Garlic Aioli
What you need:
- 8-10 small jalapenos (adjust according to size, I believe in you)
- 12ish cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- Olive Oil
- Candied jalapeno juice, honey or I bet agave would be amazing
- Magical blender
What you’re doing:
- Well, how am I supposed to know? I assume you’re preparing to make this magical green sauce…and if so, this is how you should start;
- Cut and clean the jalapenos, the better you clean them the LESS hot it will be.
- Clean the garlic cloves too, and toss them along with the peppers into the blender.
- Roll your lime around a little and then squeeze 1/2 the juice into the blender.
- Give it a little chop, then add 2-3T of olive oil, BLEND!
- When it reaches a saucey consistency add the juice/honey/agave and a little more oil, blend again.
THIS is where you begin to use your magical skills because I don’t know how to properly make a recipe. TASTE IT! If you like it, STOP right now. If you want it sweeter, add something sweet! If you’d like more garlic…well, you know what to do. Not spicy enough, jalapeno’s can help! Make it YOURS, and you’ll be so proud.
I can’t for you to try this! Give it a go and let me know!